The Popularity of Dental Implants Today
- Dental implants are increasingly being used to replace missing or failing teeth instead of dentures or bridges.
- Dental implants are usually titanium screws inserted into the jawbone and capped with a permanent crown. They are very long-lasting partly because the titanium helps maintain surrounding bone, and it’s the best option for most people.
- About 1.9 million Americans are expected to get one or more dental implants this year, up from 1.6 million in 2016, according to a market research firm.
- When missing teeth aren’t replaced, the jawbone below deteriorates faster, chewing can become difficult and one’s smile and self-confidence can be affected. Implants feel and function like natural teeth.
- Dentures need to be replaced periodically as fit worsens, and bridges are attached to adjacent teeth that must first be ground down, increasing jawbone loss and risk of cavities.
- Because they can last a lifetime, implants helped make them the standard of care over older options. Many early implants from the mid-1980s are still fine. A research review found 95% of implants lasted 13 years or more, on average. Newer implants have improved designs that heal faster and better integrate into jawbone.
Offering High Quality Implants and Level of Care
Learn more about Bellevue dental implants and find out if you are a suitable candidate. Trust our high standard of care and get the treatment you deserve. Our clinic accepts most insurance plans and we can help you with insurance details at any time.